Monday, July 2, 2012

Warrior DASH!

On Saturday, I ran the warrior dash.  Here's my before shot ----> 


The heat was in-tense all day, so I was very apprehensive about how well this run was going to go.  With excessive hydration during the day, I think I had to mentally prepare more than physically.  The obstacles had really freaked me out and I wasn't sure I could handle anything that required me to rely on my upper body.  


I sent a quick photo text to my mom to let her know I'm ready to go.  With her response of positive encouragement to bring home the win, I set the standards a little lower in my reply to let her know I was hoping to 1. finish and 2. not embarrass myself.  This prompted a sarcastic reply from my sister "yeah, good luck with that".  Awesome...Love the support!!! 


The MC was quite awesome at getting the runners ready to go with 10 minutes or so before our heat.  A nice warrior grunt and some burst of flames and we were off up the side of the ski hill at Afton Alps.  ****Apparently the 2011 Warrior Dash had a massive hill at the beginning so when we took a hard left to start our first decent, I thought I was in for a world of hurt when we started to climb back up the hill*****  The hills were tough, to say the least, and I certainly walked more than I should have.  This left me with a 12:40 minute mile time for my finish.  YIKES! 


My cross country mentality totally kicked in as I climbed the hills, though.  I suddenly felt the need to have to pass these people on the hill.  2 minutes later, I was walking..... really dedicated, huh?  Don't worry, I made sure I was running and smiling as the I passed the camera set out along the course.  The race photos won't be posted until July 5th, so hopefully they'll be up for a brief re-cap of my foolishness by Thursday.  


Adam did take the chair lift up to catch a little bit of our race, which meant that as Cynthia and I were running around the corner and she saw them, we started running again.  #alwaysmakeitlooklikeyou'retrying!  Here's some nice action shots of the cargo rope obstacle


#struggling!
 
finally...
Off we go again towards the finish!!!
 It was SUCH an awesome day, and a special thanks to Cynthia for running with me!!! AND Adam and Scott for cheering us on.  
Here's Cynthia and my before picture.  


Here's Adam and Scott's.  


And after.....


Super fun weekend and yes, I still managed to spend a considerable amount of time at the pool on Saturday and Sunday.  And how can I not forget a shout out to the most precious little boy ever, Max. We spent Friday at Pat and Courtney's house enjoying their company, the cutie Max, and their crazy animals, Margo and Molly!  

No comments:

Post a Comment