Monday, July 23, 2012

Party---Party----Party!!!

First of all, thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone for celebrating the weekend with me celebrating my birthday!!!!   This weekend was so much fun, and I know everyone put in a lot of effort to make it happen.


I took the day off Friday to take some leisurely time for myself.  It was a great treat! Katie and I stopped by the Home Sweet Home Food Truck for lunch at the Capital Building.  We both ordered their fish tacos; it was a light lunch packed with a ton of flavor!  Their dressing with lime juice and white balsamic vinegar was sweet and savory - delicious!!! 


Friday night we stopped by a "townie/biker bar" as Katie put it - Tavern on Avenue.  GREAT FISH FRY - oily, greasy, and loads of mayonnaise in their tartar sauce.  The perfect pre-Saturday day drinking meal.  Katie and Ryan went to a cooking class earlier in the week, so Katie taught us that if you put lemon on your deep fried fish it'll help to prevent that unsettling feeling in your stomach.  It make sense if you think about it - acid coating fat molecules (yes, I am a nerd).  We all enjoyed a few rounds of beer - I had the Summit Summer Ale that is DELICIOUS! (a kloshe style beer).  I learned on Saturday, Summit Brewery sold their last kegs last week, and the brewery is completely out.  Get it while it lasts I suppose... until, hopefully, next summer!



Saturday was when the real party started.  A group of 6 of us hit up the Highland Fest Beer Dabbler in Saint Paul.  It's a great festival with a large beer garden of 60 or so microbreweries to sample while enjoying the sunshine!!! Adam and I went together last year and had a great time, but it was so much fun this year to have a large group of people to loiter around the grounds with.  

It was such a fun group - a special thanks to Katie, Ryan, Pat, Courtney and Adam for hanging out on Saturday and for the friendly competition in a game of Hammer Slagen - It took a lot of concentration considering I have ZERO upper body strength.  
Adam came away victorious crushing the nail on his fourth turn.  It was a nail biting finish as Ryan has less than a millimeter to go from beating us all one round earlier!  All in all, it was a good showing of sportsmanship!! 

We finished off the night at dinner with Pat, Courtney, and Max at Psycho Susie's for pizza.  Courtney was able to capture the night in this rare but AWESOME picture of Adam and I.  Notice - no lazy eyes, both looking at the camera, both smiling and a tropical theme in the background---perfect!

On Sunday, Adam took over as master chef with a little help from Cupcake and Sweets Bakeshop for dessert.  We had a pretty lazy day considering I had to work, but I came home to the roaring flames of the grill, and the fragrant aroma of lamb chops and asparagus.  He really does know me all too well!!!


I am all too proud of my food photography.  Doesn't that look delicious - the meat was perfect and the asparagus was crisp and seasoned well.  For dessert: French macarons and four cupcakes from Cupcake -- I still have a few (3) cupcakes left.  

Thank you so much for a great weekend to everyone!!! 

P.S. Remember the scarf I blogged out last Thursday.  Courtney and Pat surprised me with it for my birthday - THANK YOU! I can't wait to wear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment