Thursday, July 19, 2012

All Things Fashionable

This week was rather low key - I didn't have soccer Monday or Wednesday - so what I should  have done is exercised on my own (aka not sit on the couch glued to Bravo).  However, I did spend a considerable amount of time online shopping!  I have a few gifts to buy over the next few weeks, and I needed to put some thought into it...if that also means I found a few things for myself, so be it.


Right now I'm obsessed with Parc Boutique in Minneapolis.  I stopped in a few weeks ago killing time before sushi with my friend Dana at Masu (if you haven't been you MUST go), and I haven't been able to resist stalking their website for new one-of-a-kind looks.  They have everything from the wear to work, day-casual wear, to fun little party dresses and accessories galore!!!


I'm kinda obsessed with scarves, but only have a few that I love to wear with just about everything from mid-September through May.  Here are my three favorite finds as of late...


Anya Shorts $55
Paltrow Dress $94.00
Purple Aztec Scarf $20

As I was choosing my favorites from the site for this week's post, I stumbled upon their new arrivals -- fantastic tops for fall.  Think of the layering and accessories to go with the soft cotton gray shirt or black and white baseball tee.  I may own something exactly like it already, but when it works; it works!  


For the most part, I've stopped using Facebook as a place to keep tabs on friends/randoms from years ago that happen to post pictures or restaurant check-ins.  I've really focused my efforts on businesses using Facebook to keep myself up to date with the latest trends, sales, desserts, you name it.  I came across Ruche just this week, and like an addict, I immediately scoured their site for a new something! Now I haven't purchased anything yet, but I do have my eye on these beauties!       PINK LOAFERS, yes please!!  I'll keep you posted as I'm sure I'll be so moved to purchase these eventually. I have a few bigger purchases coming up in the next few months first, and anyways, it's too hot for closed toed shoes for at least 6 - 8 weeks.  


Luxe No. 7
A girlfriend of mine is getting married in September which means I have at least 5 different outfits to pack/wear to different events.  Most of them I can pull something out of my closet, change it up with a belt/necklace/shoe into something new, but once in a while you need a new dress.  At least that's what I tell myself in order to have less buyer's remorse with my clothing purchase(s).  


Here's my newest purchase/find at Luxe No. 7--- Yes Adam, I bought something, so now you can't be too disappointed since I told you ---- Navy Blue, Polka Dots, Sheer Top: no way I was going to pass this up.  Now I have the following events where this may be worn: Bridal shower, dinner for the couple in August, rehearsal dinner (yes, I'm in the wedding - we're very close), or Sunday brunch and gift opening.  So may options, I'm definitely going to need shoes, accessories (pearls?) - I cannot wait to strut my stuff in this gem!  
Few things to note: I bought this online so I have to trust the website's fabric description, and I have to wait for it to arrive.  I'm sure I'll be equally excited when it arrives as I am now!!!


One more thing to note for those LBD coveted moments - here's my latest find! It's a fantastic black drop waist dress with a small back cutout from Dorothy Perkins.  I've started to build up quite a number of UK labels in my closest - Kate Middleton effect? Probably.


So these are my latest summer finds - I'm sure there will be many more posts on fashion as fall previews start to make it to the store floor in about 2 - 3 weeks.  Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment