Thursday, June 28, 2012

Happiness is the warm sun

So the title maybe a knock on a Beatles song, but Across the Universe was on t.v. the other day, so it's on the front of my mind.  It's true though, I'm happiest in the sun!  

This week has been utterly perfect and the weekend looks to be IDEAL!!!!!!  Here's the weather forecast for Saint Paul, MN

              
THU

92 
FRI

90 
67 
SAT

88 
68 
SUN

87 
70 
MON

89 
71 
Move your mouse over the icons for more information

Last Sunday, Adam and I set out for the pool in my endless desire to soak up as much sun as I can before the 9 months of winter, bleak, and cold begin again.  It was roasting and packed at Como Pool.  Eventually we stared down/awkwardly lingered too close to enough families (who appeared to be packing up) to score two lawn chairs directly in the sun.  Three hours later, we peeled ourselves off the lawn chairs to find a lovely tan line - Adam's more pink than my bronze complexion.  Trust me, he has paid for it the rest of this week.  Sorry - no pictures since we didn't have a before to show the dramatic change.  

Either way, the best part about a public pool is the people watching!  Just a great mix of personalities and swimming abilities, no less.  Now yes, I understand when you sit by the side of the pool or in the pool you're going to get wet.  However, when someone is swimming past you doing a front stroke or "modified" front stroke doggy-paddle you don't expect these huge waves of arm-flailing-splashes to project out of the water.  It's a shock to the system ever time, but it's cool and refreshing so it's not going to rain on my parade.   The question I have to ask is, why don't these school aged kids know how to swim?  I personally was spoiled for having access to lakes and pools almost every day in the summers.  This obviously started my obsession with summer, sun and swimming!  

I leave it to you.....what were your childhood summer memories like? Were you someone who could pass the swim test and be the youngest off the diving board, or were you camped out in the shallow end?  

No comments:

Post a Comment