Thursday, June 21, 2012

I'm Blue


The last time I saw the Blue Man Group was 2006 in Chicago.  This was when Adam and I thought our birthdays were significant milestones, and he went all out with a full day filled with my favorite Chicagoan things.  We started off the hour and half drive down from Milwaukee with a pretty sweet birthday CD (2006 meant that burned a CD was still really cool).  We spent the morning walking through the Natural History Museum for the King Tut Exhibit and the Shed Aquarium (despite my immense fear of fish it was awesome to see the Sea Otters!).  Like I said, we use to think that birthdays were a BIG deal. 
Shed Aquarium Chicago, IL




Natural History Museum, Chicago, IL


























If you're interested in more information on these magnificent buildings, I would highly recommend reading Devil in the White City by Erik Larson.  It's going to be a movie, but the release date has yet to be determined.  Here's the IMDB link.  


After a Chicago-style hot dog (the best thing to eat in Chicago besides Gino's pizza), we made our way over the Lincoln Park Zoo.  It's a great way to enjoy the city and escape the traffic noise for a leisurely walk in the heart of downtown.  The day finished with Blue Man Group on the north side of Chicago.  We certainly covered highlights of the city in about 8 hours - no rest for the weary!


 This time seeing Blue Man Group in Minneapolis at the Orpheum Theater I knew a little of what to expect.  I had hoped it wouldn't be the same same as their Chicago performance 6 years ago (insert a feeling of getting old).  We didn't make a big to do about the show either, just a simple dinner of beer tenderloin and asparagus at home before heading downtown.   Sorry, I forgot to take a picture, but I can tell you it was absolutely delicious! 


The performance turned out to be almost the same as the performance we saw in Chicago with a few new twists.  Nothing is ever the same as the novis experience, but it was well done.  Adam and I were both very happy we decided to go, and it was a fun night out together!  Spoiler alter: music from the PBC piping is AH-MAZ-ING!


Big plans this weekend, I'll fill you all in on Monday with pictures this time!





No comments:

Post a Comment