Thursday, August 9, 2012

Something blue

It's wedding season and it's literally on my mind constantly of what to wear, what to buy, what Adam should wear, etc.  One of my best girlfriends is getting married in September, and I've been kinda obsessing over my outfit choices for about the last month.  Now I've turned my attention to Adam's outfit choices.  Whether he likes the idea or not, suit styles change and the black suit he has hanging in his closest (the one night at Macy's 12 hours before an interview suit purchase) doesn't sit well with me on how it fits him.  Seeing that he thinks it's fine, we have this uphill battle of essentially fashion "who's on first".  My ideal look:



Navy, 2-button, slim fit suit; namely the J.Crew Ludlow Suit - which he is open to but not necessarily the price tag - Understandably so.  

I've spent the last week or so scrolling through men's wear searches trying to find a reasonably priced men's suit.  For some reason - and I've been through this before looking for clothes for him - the idea of "affordable" and "well fitting, high quality men's clothes" don't mix.  You can either have --- ugly, ill-fitting and cheap OR EXPENSIVE, quality fabric and fits well.  

I do understand why - Most men (Adam included) can pull of the same jeans/pants/shorts/shirt for about 10,000 wash cycles before it becomes a rag or donated clothing.  I'm pretty sure I remember a Supply and Demand chart in Econ 1001 that taught me that too - even though it should be common sense.  So the search will continue this weekend, and we will be scavenging around the Twin Cities to find the perfect/affordable suit.  If we're not successful at least there is a backup plan hanging in the closet - it takes some of the stress off.

I would love to hear any suggestions - places to go, websites, maybe a lucky coin or two?  



2 comments:

  1. Scott just bought the Photographer suit at Express. It's not super affordable, but maybe slightly cheaper than J Crew.

    http://www.express.com/suits-1475/control/show/3/index.ens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Scott has such great taste in clothes.

    ReplyDelete