Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Marco, POLO!

We did it - in a game of music chairs, we found a suit for Adam on Friday!  That kicked off a jam-packed weekend!  

Saturday was a very early morning - we were both wide awake by 6:40 am.  I'm the type of person that once I'm up, I'm awake and I'm not going back to bed.  After about 15 minutes of checking email, update iPad games, and teeth brushing we set-out on a two hour walk.  Quick stop at Starbucks and we were on our way down Summit Avenue to the Mississippi River and back.  Unaware at the time, we were decked out in border battle sweatshirts - me in Minnesota and Adam in Wisconsin - that one runner kindly pointed out to us as he approached saying something to the comment of "I don't know how you two can stand next to each other"...Oh, if he only knew. 

After our walk it was still only 9:30 am....again, most people are not awake yet, and we made a quick stop at the grocery store to prepare for Adam's work party later that day.  I chopped, sliced and mixed together the corn salad we had had at Katie's Fourth of July barbecue.  I think it turned out quick nicely.  We definitely over did it on how many corn we bought to the number we actually needed.  We've been eating corn ever since - it's OK because it's delicious!  

Finally the time rolled around the head off the Adam's company Summer Party.  It was a reggae theme complete with a Caribbean band.  We were entertained with great covers from Bob Marley and Jimmy Buffet.  Here's a shot of Max and I enjoying the Pinewood Derby. I swear he isn't giving me a look like "oh, who is this crazy woman? I don't think I like her":


After a few hours of work on Sunday, Adam and I headed west to the Polo Classic is Maple Pine, MN.  We actually crossed the river to go to Minneapolis (Can you believe it?).  

If anyone understands the rules or strategy of polo, please send me a comment. I'm still really confused.  One thing I really enjoyed was the terminology - A period is called a chukker (random?).  We stayed for 4 of the 6 chukkers, since it started to rain.  A very special thank you goes out to Sarah and her friends for welcoming us to join their tent for the event.  Here are some great group shots:






No comments:

Post a Comment