Monday, August 27, 2012

I'm melting

Thank goodness I'm not the wicked witch of the west or Saturday's rain would have really put a damper on things!  This weekend didn't start off too great - I had to take my car into the car dealership for them to figure out why it was making a weird "humming" noise.  

24 hours without a car should seem like no big deal, and really I didn't need it.  I really don't like the feeling of being without my own method of transportation.  It's an internal battle between asking for help and self reliance.  I have always aired on the side of self reliance.  

Saturday, we headed down to Mankato to visit my cousin after her first 72 hours in college. It was the first time Adam and I have visited a city in Minnesota outside the Twin Cities.  I rather enjoyed the drive especially when we passed Minnesota's largest candy store. That is way more exciting to me than any fair or festival.  We didn't stop more so because I didn't think I would contain myself and I would need a lot of dental work and or a third job to cover the costs.  

Mankato was a beautiful campus with the world's largest hill to climb to get there.  I personally would not want to hike up it everyday to class. Then again, it's a good way to keep off the pounds through college.  The trip really made me miss moving into college and starting a new experience - it was such an exciting time in my life!  Graduating college does not have the same anxiously excited quality as going to college.  

After a nice visit complete with lunch and a tour of Ashley's dorm, we were back on the road heading home.  We had to back in Minneapolis in time to pick up my car - which turns out to have needed a wheel barring replaced on the driver's side.  I'm quite confused as to how this can happen and thankfully it was covered under warranty so it can't all be from user error.  

Now once all of that was finished, we should have cleaned our apartment and prepared for this busy week.  We went to Dixie's for happy hour.  It was a much better decision than cleaning/organizing/chores in general.  We really enjoyed the Southern style wings and a few drinks, including the best drink on earth: The Bootlegger

Fresh Mint
Lemon concentrate
Soda Water
With Vodka, White Rum, or Gin 

It's a dangerous drink, since you cannot taste the alcohol.  It has a flavorful punch of mint and lemonade.  I'm sure it'd be just as delicious as a virgin drink for any summer picnic or barbecue.  

A little while later, we caught up with Scott and Cynthia who we hadn't seen in quite some time ...literally opposite schedules for the past two months.  It was so great seeing them! And a perfect way to end our Saturday.  Thankfully the Saturday rain didn't rain on our parade, and we had SUCH a fun weekend!

*Side note, I have still yet to clean - shocking, right mom?






No comments:

Post a Comment